May 15 2012
DYXNET SCALES ACROSS GREATER CHINA WITH JUNIPER NETWORKS
ICT Service Provider Chooses Juniper Networks MX Series Routers for Reliability, Performance and Manageability
HONG KONG – May 15, 2012 – Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that DYXnet, a leading ICT service provider in Greater China, has deployed Juniper Networks ® MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers to scale its network infrastructure with increased functionality, reliability and manageability. This foundation enables the company to scale its backbone to 10-Gigabit per second (Gbps) connections to meet the increasingly bandwidth-intensive demands of its global clients, while having a simple migration path to 100 Gbps within the same platform when it is required.
• Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers, with 960 Gbps maximum throughput and support for 100 Gbps Ethernet, are used by DYXnet as the core routers in its Greater China backbone and are deployed within its points-of-presence (POPs).
• Since deploying the Juniper Networks MX Series routers, DYXnet has increased bandwidth on its major city links such as Beijing-to-Shanghai, Beijing-to-Guangzhou and Shanghai-to-Guangzhou by up to 500 percent and has scaled some POP-to-core links by as much as 1,000 percent.
• The upgraded infrastructure not only enhances DYXnet’s backbone scalability, stability and fault tolerance but has also enabled it to offer ONE VPN Ethernet, its point-to-point or point-to-multi-point Virtual Private LAN service.
• The MX Series routers simplify network configuration and operations, giving DYXnet a high level of efficiency and flexibility in providing new services to enterprise customers across a wide variety of industries.
• DYXnet is planning to build up more POPs in Mainland China, including Shantou, Changzhou, Zhengzhou, Changsha, Nanning, Harbin, Hefei, Nanchang, Changchun, Jinan, Taiyuan, Shijiazhuang, Hohhot and Kunming by 2015 to further extend its network and service coverage.
“Selecting the best-in-class network backbone equipment from Juniper was a critical decision for our continued network expansion plan as many global enterprises have set up branches across the region and require exceptional large bandwidth to keep communication and data transfer secure and smooth. In view of this, we will continue to advance our services across the Greater China region and plan to invest US$10 million in our network backbone upgrade, targeting to build up to 14 POPs in Mainland China in the next 18-36 months to reach a total of 51 POPs in Asia."
“We believe support from Juniper Networks will play a pivotal role in the continued delivery of reliable and resilient services to our world-class customers. Given the increasing demands for different bandwidth-intensive projects of our carrier-grade and global brand clients, we expect to double our network capacity in 18-24 months, enabling our clients to extend their connectivity quickly, reliably and cost-effectively.”
Lap Man, Founder & CEO, DYXnet
“As a privately-owned service provider competing against large, state-owned enterprises in Greater China, DYXnet has established a sterling reputation for quality of service that is now the foundation of its fast-growing business. I’m very pleased that Juniper Networks is helping DYXnet write the next chapter of its success story with leading edge technologies that deliver next-generation network services across Greater China.”
Eric Yu, Vice President of Greater China, Juniper Networks